Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Rollercoaster Ride of Life


Throughout my existence I have encountered several communities throughout the world, having both astonishing and disappointing experiences, just as a bumpy roller coaster ride would. The “up” of my roller coaster ride of experiences in a community, would have to be when I was given the opportunity to live in the community of Japan, while the “down” part of the ride would be when I attempted to live my life as a superstar in the Hollywood community, which turned out to be a disaster. Living in the shoes of the rich and famous for one day is something almost everyone would ask for. That is exactly what I asked for when I decided to go on a trip to the streets of the so-called rich and famous community of Hollywood. My nightmare of a day began as my family and I pulled up to the sidewalks to explore this misleading society, where supposedly it is pictured as an elegant paradise. This misleading society was a huge disappointment, for I portrayed this society a place where I could feel as if I were a superstar as I saw paparazzi and famous individuals everywhere I looked. Instead, all I saw was a chaotic zoo, encased with maniacs harassing you for everything you own, thieves waiting for their chance to steal, inconsiderate people shoving others out of their way, rude tour guides attempting to take advantage of you, and an awfully contaminated community. My personal experiences with this chaos included my family and I being stopped by the police because of a bomb threat, preventing a man from pursuing to pickpocket my mom, beggars begging me for money, and someone attempting to enter our car on “accident”. Unfortunately, as I tried to fulfill my wish to live the lives of the rich and famous by entering the Hollywood community,  I will no longer ask to live through this disastrous experience. Although I went through one of the most terrifying times in my life, I was fortunate enough to be able to shift to an all time low experience within a society, to an occurrence that I will never forget for the rest of my life. Being in a military family I was given the uncommon experience of living abroad in the wonderful country of Japan.
Having the exclusive opportunity to live abroad in such a gorgeous community, not to mention in one of the most renowned capitals in the world, was an experience I will always treasure. The marvelous community of Japan has much to offer. Its vibrant culture runs deep with its appetizing foods, ancient temples, breathtaking landscapes, vivid artwork, and the convenient transportation system, all in a safe environment. Being part of a place loaded with such a colorful culture was also something I truly admired, for not every place has a unique culture that displays how priceless the world really is. Not only are the physical structures of the Japanese society wonderful, but so are the generous people who have been raised to respect others since day one. I loved everything about the Japanese society, from its innovative technologies of robots that will someday contribute to society, to its taste bud-pleasing ramen that cannot be imitated. It was an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. I truly hope that one day in the future, I will again have a second chance to tackle the adventures of the Japanese community. Transitioning up and down like a rollercoaster ride, is the perfect metaphor to describe the adventures I took on as I explored some of the many diverse communities. During my adventures, I managed to pick out my worst experience in a community and also my best experience in a community. Hopefully in the future, I will avoid certain communities, but also make the most out of the many communities I will live through no matter where life takes me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this blog post is pretty nice I like how you used a roller coaster as an example of your encounters on different communities, I would've never thought a community like that would be like that and have people like that in them. I honestly got kind of lost in the middle, cause of the lack of paragraphs, but I really love the things you made me realize.

    ReplyDelete